At Theia Aesthetics, we understand that loose or sagging skin can be a frustrating concern for many of our clients. That’s why we’re proud to offer Morpheus8, a minimally-invasive treatment that can tighten and rejuvenate the skin on the face and body.
Factors such as aging, pregnancy, and weight fluctuations can all impact the firmness and texture of your skin. Morpheus8 uses advanced radiofrequency technology to penetrate deep into the skin and stimulate collagen production, resulting in smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin.
What is Morpheus8 Microneedling?
Trusted Source Morpheus8 InMode Aesthetics Go to Source Morpheus8 is a highly innovative Subdermal Adipose Remodeling Device (SARD) that combines the benefits of microneedling with advanced radiofrequency (RF) technology. This unique combination allows Morpheus8 to perform fractional remodeling of the skin by targeting subdermal layers of the skin and tissue to stimulate the production of collagen and remodel the skin.
Morpheus8 is a safe and minimally invasive treatment that can be used on all skin types to tighten and remodel skin on any area of the body. The most common areas treated with Morpheus8 include the face, neck, mouth, chin, abdomen, knees, eyes, underarms, and thighs. By using advanced radiofrequency technology and microneedling, Morpheus8 can effectively treat a wide range of skin concerns, including:
- Sagging or loose skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars and other types of scarring
- Stretch marks
- Uneven skin texture and tone
Benefits of Morpheus8 Microneedling
Morpheus8 is a revolutionary treatment that offers so many benefits, including:
- Increase collagen production for
- Thicken and tighten tissue
- Treat excess fat in the face and neck
- Address sagging
- Reduce jowls
- Improve skin texture
- Reduce acne scars
- Reduce stretch marks
- Treat hyperpigmentation and discoloration
- Tighten deep wrinkles and creases
- Reduce sun damage
- Shrink pore size
- Fully customizable
- Little to no downtime
- Quick results
What to Expect from Morpheus8 Microneedling
Preparing for Microneedling Treatment with Morpheus8
Before treatment with Morpheus8, your certified expert will give you a customized pre-treatment plan. For optimal results, we recommend maintaining a stable weight or mild to moderate weight loss during your treatment journey. Additionally you must be in fairly good health without any active and uncontrolled autoimmune diseases or diabetes.
You will also be asked to arrive at Theia Aesthetics with clean skin and wearing comfortable, loose clothing on the day of your appointment.
In preparation for your Morpheus8 treatment, your aesthetic expert may recommend you:
- Avoid makeup on the day of treatment
- Avoid smoking 3 weeks prior to treatment
- Shave the night prior to treatment
- Avoid sun-tanning or self-tanners for 4 weeks prior to treatment, including spray tans, tanning lotions, tanning beds, and sun exposure
- Avoid treatments that may irritate the skin for 1-2 weeks prior to treatment, such as waxing and depilatories
- Notify the clinic of any changes to your health history or medications since your last appointment
- History of herpes or cold sores may require an antiviral prescription prior to treatment
- A week prior to treatment avoid any blood thinners including aspirin, ibuprofen, Excedrin, Motrin, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, flax oil, cod liver oil, fish oil, vitamin A, vitamin E, and other essential fatty acids
The Morpheus8 Procedure
During your Morpheus8 treatment, your certified expert will take every step to ensure your comfort. Before the treatment begins, a local anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area and well as a fast acting inhaled analgesic to help minimize any discomfort.
Once the anesthetic has taken effect, you will recline as the handheld Morpheus8 applicator is placed over a small portion of the treatment area for a few seconds. The applicator contains tiny needles powered by radiofrequency that will penetrate the skin for a few seconds before the applicator is moved to the next treatment area. This process will be repeated until the entire treatment area has been covered.
While you may experience some discomfort during the treatment, most clients report that the procedure is well-tolerated but can be uncomfortable at times. After the treatment is complete, your certified expert will provide you with post-treatment instructions to help ensure optimal results.
Recovery After Morpheus8 Microneedling
Most patients begin to see an improvement in their skin within just a few weeks after treatment, with continued improvement over the course of several months. It’s important to note that individual results may vary based on a variety of factors, including age, skin condition, and treatment goals.
Bruising, redness and swelling may occur and may last for up to a few weeks. Tiny scabs may appear after 1-3 days and stay for several days following the treatment. The scabs should not be touched or scratched even if they itch and should be allowed to flake off naturally.
Blisters are rare, but when they do occur, may be treated with a prescribed antibiotic ointment, or burn treatment cream as per provider’s discretion.
It is important to follow instructions after treatment which include:
- Avoiding any mechanical or thermal damage to the treatment area, such as hot tubs or saunas
- Moisturizer may be applied 24-72 hours after each treatment and used regularly throughout the course of treatment
- Avoid skin irritants, such as products containing tretinoin, retinol, benzoyl peroxide,
- Glycolic/salicylic acids, astringents, etc., for a few days post-treatment
- Avoid scrub soaps or exfoliants after 72 hrs
- Make-up may be applied 24-72 hours after each treatment session
- Avoid exposure to the sun as your skin recovers, as UV radiation can interfere with the healing process and potentially compromise your results.
- To help ensure the best possible outcome, be sure to follow all post-treatment instructions provided by your certified expert. This may include avoiding certain skincare products or activities that could irritate your skin or interfere with your healing.
Contact Theia Aesthetics at Fraser Eye
To learn more about how you can tighten, refine, and refresh your skin with Morpheus8, please contact us to schedule a consultation at our med spa. We proudly serve residents of Detroit, Fraser, and nearby Michigan communities.
Frequently Asked Questions About Morpheus8
Am I a good candidate for Morpheus8?
It’s important to note that Morpheus8 may not be suitable for everyone. Morpheus8 is most suitable for patients that are 18 or older and are in fairly good health. You may not be a good candidate if you are:
- Pregnant or nursing
- On blood thinners
- Have a pacemaker or internal defibrillator
- Permanent metallic plates, screws or piercings
- History of skin cancer or herpetic skin lesions
- History of uncontrolled autoimmune disease or diabetes
Can I combine Morpheus8 with other procedures?
Absolutely! While Morpheus8 can be an effective standalone treatment for skin rejuvenation, it is highly recommended it is combined with other treatments to achieve the most dramatic results.
If you’re looking to reduce the appearance of wrinkles or fine lines, combining Morpheus8 with BOTOX or other injectables may help to enhance the overall effect. Additionally, Morpheus8 can be used in conjunction with other skin rejuvenation treatments, such as chemical peels or dermal fillers, to help achieve your desired results.
How is Morpheus8 different from other microneedling procedures?
Morpheus8 is different from other microneedling procedures in several ways. One of the key differences is that Morpheus8 combines microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) energy, which enables the treatment to penetrate up to 8 mm deep into the skin. This is at least 3-4 mm deeper than other microneedling procedures, allowing for more effective skin tightening and remodeling of the underlying fat.
Another unique aspect of Morpheus8 is its customizability. Morpheus8 can be used to tighten and sculpt skin on the face and body, while on gentler settings, it can be used to brighten, tighten, and smooth skin.
How much does treatment with Morpheus8 cost?
The cost of Morpheus8 treatment can vary based on several factors, such as the size of the treatment area, the number of treatment sessions required to achieve your desired results, and whether you choose to combine Morpheus8 with other cosmetic treatments.
During your Morpheus8 consultation at Theia Aesthetics, one of our experienced aestheticians will evaluate your specific goals and recommend a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs. At that time, you will receive a detailed cost breakdown so that you can make an informed decision about your treatment options.
How many Morpheus8 treatments will I need?
While the number of treatments required to achieve optimal results with Morpheus8 can vary depending on the individual patient and the treatment area, most of our patients see significant improvement in the appearance of their skin after only two to four treatments.
These treatments are typically scheduled three to six weeks apart to allow time for your skin to heal and for collagen to regenerate.
The Providers at Theia Aesthetics have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.